Monday, November 18, 2013

18 Years and Still in Love!

18 years ago today I said "I do" to my best friend. He has been that and so much more everyday since.

We never imagined at the beginning that we would be living the life that we are today. I would have laughed if you told me then that I would one day have six kids and four of them were adopted from China.

I am so thankful and blessed that God choose this life for us. However, the day to day living of it can be exhausting and take its toll on our marriage. We know that it is so important for us to have time with just the two of us. If our marriage is strong, then our family will be strong.


A few weeks ago God greatly blessed us through neighbors. a stranger, and family. We were able to go away for the weekend just the two of us.


We stayed at the nicest hotel we have ever been to. The rooms were amazing and incredibly relaxing.


We walked hand in hand on the beach.


We enjoyed each others company without little ones vying for our attention.


We sat on the beach taking in God's creation.





We rested and came back rejuvenated!


2 comments:

  1. Oh LIz, this makes me so happy to hear you got some time alone. Your wedding was such a special day for me too, an honor to be there, so I am celebrating you both from up here in Canada! Hugs to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete